Storage units can be a helpful solution to storing personal belongings, while moving from one location to another. Keep the following tips in mind if you are thinking about utilizing a storage unit:
1. Create aisles in your unit with box labels facing out so that you can easily identify what is in each box or bin.
2. Use plastic bins instead of cardboard boxes to protect your belongings from possible water damage and critters such as mice.
3. Keep valuable items off the floor in case water gets into the unit.
4. Stack heavier boxes on the bottom so that heavier items do not crush the bins below.
5. Do not stack boxes too high to avoid stacks from toppling over.
6. Read your rental agreement so that you know the rules regarding termination and late payments.
Need a storage unit now? Check out SpareFoot.com for storage units located in the Omaha area: https://www.sparefoot.com/Omaha-NE-self-storage.html#infotiles"
Laura is the Owner of Clean & Clutter Free, professional organizing services.